Posted By
Brad_902
Nov 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all, I have a simple problem:

In Photoshop CS3, the hand tool is the only tool I can now use: no matter what tool I click, the hand tool stays, nothing else happens. I tried restarting Photoshop and that didn’t work. Any ideas?

Thanks heaps!
Brad

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Nov 2, 2008
Stuck space bar?

Try tapping it a couple times to unstick it.

Happens to me too. I’d like to take my keyboard apart and clean it—just because it really needs it (ashes, eyelashes, cat hairs, dust, crumbs, etc), but it’s a particularly tough one to disassemble.

Now, having said that, I DO think there’s something in the software (I’m using PS CS2 on Mac)that causes the "Hand Tool" to stick, because it’ll happen in PS (tapping the space bar fixes it), but I’ve never seen a long stream of repeating spaces being generated in any other app where I type text, for example.
B9
Brad_902
Nov 2, 2008
Yes! That fixed it! Thanks very much!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections