RP
Posted By
Robert_Pender
Nov 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Trust tablet and CS4 and have experienced problems with draw. The problems have already been stated in the thread <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6c5ed/53> regarding Wacom tablets, and apply to Genius tablets as well as Trust.

As I have said in that thread, when I draw with the tablet and then select another tool, such as type, then try and draw with the tablet again, all I get is a straight line between the start and the end point. There is no such problem in earlier versions of Photoshop.

However,I have just noticed something odd. I was experimenting, trying to fix the lag in my screen redraw, drawing and typing (also see relevant thread- "CS4 lag. What graphic card will it take?") and thought I would change the screen refresh rate. After I did that, the tablet started working again perfectly, and this "fix" works every time. This happens even if I start to change the screen refresh rate, but then cancel.

Since I have an Nvidia card, and this fix is playing with the card settings, I wonder if it is all related to the obvious problems CS4 and Nvidia have with each other? Can someone else try?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections