AO
Posted By
Ake_Olsson
Oct 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I user Photoshop CS3 extended and for mouse I use the mouse that came with my Wacom Graphire board. This board came with a mouse as well as with a pen.

From time to time I cannot use the brush tool with the mouse but only with the pen.

I would like to know if there is a setting someplace or if this is a freak problem with device drivers or similar.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Oct 24, 2008
when using the mouse, make sure the pen is no where near the tablet. when using the pen, make sure the mouse is no where near the tablet.
M
Mylenium
Oct 25, 2008
Yepp, as Dave said – any Wacom devices must be at least 2 cm away from the surface of the drawing area to "disconnect" and release the normal mouse functions. If, for some reason, you cannot do that, I recommend the metallic isolated Wacom pen holder that will effectively isolate your devices even while standing on the tablet itself.

Mylenium
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 25, 2008
Funnily enough, although we have pointed this feature out to countless puzzled posters over the years (sometimes much to their mystification as to how we knew where their pen was), it has never happened to me.

My pen is in the plastic holder right next to the tablet when I’m using the mouse.
AO
Ake_Olsson
Oct 25, 2008
Actually i did keep the "other" device at least a foot and a half away from the tablet so device interference was not the problem.

What I found however was that I had not checked for a driver update for quite some time.

When I upgraded the driver the problem was gone.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 25, 2008
cool ake.
P
Phosphor
Oct 25, 2008
"My pen is in the plastic holder right next to the tablet when I’m using the mouse."

I had one of those holders for my old CalComp Pen Tablet. I had it stuck to the side of my monitor but I never used it.

With my Intuos, there’s a recess at the top of the tablet that holds the pen, and it goes there every time I’m not using it. Have no idea how I got in the habit, except that it might be because my cat flings stuff from my desk all over the room.

Lose a pencil or a butane lighter…no biggie. Lose my Intuos pen…BIG biggie.

🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections