I want to learn professional retouching techniques. Help?

VS
Posted By
Vivian Sargent
Oct 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am currently a graphic designer and use Adobe programs, but I am extremely interested in professional photo retouching. How/what/where do I need to do/learn/go to make this happen? I’ve seem some software that claims to do this, but it all looks a little shady to me. All help will be deeply appreciated…and if there is another forum that I can post to also, I’m all ears!

Thank you!!!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Oct 20, 2008
many consider this to be the retouching "holy grail"…

< http://www.amazon.com/Photoshop-Restoration-Retouching-Voice s-Matter/dp/0321316274/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qi d=1224519448&sr=8-3>

you can also try your local community college. and google has tons of results for free tutorials. youtube has more and more content on working with photoshop too.

hope this gets you started.
dave
P
Phosphor
Oct 20, 2008
"…you can also try your local community college"

I suppose a local college would be worth a cursory look, but I get the sense that unless it’s a course taught by an adjunct professor, someone who has dedicated their life’s work to the subject—as opposed to teaching a community college-level course—it’s not going to be that great of a course. Top level retouching just don’t seem to be taught as a regular course in most colleges…none that I’ve heard of, anyway.

Money & time would be much better spent on Katrin Eismann’s books, maybe some specifically-focused video series and specialized seminars, either in person or online.
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Oct 20, 2008
I can’t believe some dimwit on Amazon gave the Eismann book zero stars. I find it one of the best Photoshop books I own.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 20, 2008
Yup!
G
grahamtav
Oct 21, 2008
Vivian

Katrin Eismann’s books are ace – invest in her books and you won’t regret it!!

grahamtav
Oct 21, 2008
Both Katrin Eismann and Martin Evening’s books on Photoshop are a sure bet for anybody learning Photoshop.
VS
Vivian Sargent
Oct 23, 2008
You all ROCK! Thank you!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections