T
Posted By
Telemanr
Oct 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded InDesign (a .7z file and an .exe) and starting the exe which successfully installed InDesign.

Same type of download for PS CS4 and started the .exe file which unpacks all the files and then the window disappears and there is no further activity.

Any suggestions about what is wrong?

Windows XP SP2

Rob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

T
Telemanr
Oct 16, 2008
I had to open the .7z rar file and explicitly use the setup file within. No problem but wonder why it wasn’t like that using the InDesign download. Oh well.

Rob
CH
CR_Henderson
Oct 16, 2008
With PS CS4 there is a folder created on the desktop when one executes the exe associated with the compressed file: "Adobe CS4". You must navigate to the setup.exe file in that folder and execute it. Perhaps it’s the same for InDesign.
M
Mylenium
Oct 16, 2008
You may have been low on temporary disk space. In that case the downloader may not have received the "I’m done" message from the unpacker and not initiated the setup. Shouldn’t happen, but alas… The joys of software installation. 😉 If it worked the manual way, then don’t worry.

Mylenium

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections