RR
Posted By
roni_riechert
Oct 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
how can I edit text tabs in Photoshop like in Illustrator that I can choose to view the tab rulers and edit the alignment on the tabs?
is it possible? otherwise I can’t understand why I can use the tabs at all… thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Mylenium
Oct 15, 2008
No, tab-formatted text is not editable in the manner you desire. As for your question – tab is just a character like any other. You are simply taking a given kind of implementation for granted, nothing more, but that must not necessarily be the case for all programs. An evil programmer just could assign the tab key to forward delete or any other fancy function just as he could make your space key draw funky symbols from a different Unicode range, if you get my meaning… so simply take it the way it is. If editable formatting is high on your wishlist:

<http://www.adobe.com/go/wish>

Mylenium
B
Buko
Oct 15, 2008
Photoshop is not meant for text editing.
V
venkatl
Dec 4, 2008
hi,
as you already got the answers that its not possible in photoshop ‘cz its a photo editing software, but somehow i found a trick solution for this. do your text tabulation in illustration as you exactly want in photoshop, then just copy the whole text and paste it into photoshop with same font and style. Photoshop understands all tabs you done in AI and will retain it.
JH
Jules_Hammond-Casablancas
Dec 4, 2008
copying the text doesn’t work for me. What versions do I need to do this?
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 4, 2008
if crtl-c crtl-v doesn’t work, try shift-del and shift-ins.
JH
Jules_Hammond-Casablancas
Dec 5, 2008
didn’t work either. I am just using INDESIGN for it instead.. I just don’t like having 2 files, but ID was made for text…so..yeah.
AG
Andrew_Glencross
Mar 24, 2009
That is a ridiculous workaround, but it works! Thanks for the tip.
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 24, 2009
That is a ridiculous workaround

If you are talking about the use of InDesign, it is not a workaround but the correct method. Using InDesign, create the text, place the graphics and save as a PDF.
B
Buko
Mar 24, 2009
Photoshop is not a text editor
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 24, 2009
That’s like calling the use of a hammer to drive nails instead of wrench a ridiculous workaround.

whew! at first, i thought you said hamSTers… now THAT would be ridiculous!
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 24, 2009
You caught it before the edit. <g>

Bob
F
Freeagent
Mar 24, 2009
at first, i thought you said hamSTers

LOL!

I just can’t get that film to stop playing before my inner eye…and it’s not pretty… XD
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 24, 2009
I watched bolt last night. i have hamsters on the brain. 🙂

chubbles eye eye
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 24, 2009
That’s like calling the use of a hammer to drive nails instead of wrench a ridiculous workaround.

Bob
DM
Don_McCahill
Mar 25, 2009
i have hamsters on the brain

I don’t think your HMO will cover that.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 25, 2009
sadly, in the pants, yes, on the brain, no. 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections