HM
Posted By
Harvey_Moore
Oct 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I purchased Photoshop CS via disks in mail, I received the program disk and extra files. Obtained CS3 via download and got no extras.

If I order CS4 via download, is there a way to obtain the extras ??

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JJ
John Joslin
Oct 13, 2008
How would we know Harvey?

Ask again when it’s out.
HM
Harvey_Moore
Oct 13, 2008
Guess I was hoping someones experience with previous versions would give a clue
GD
george_dingwall
Oct 13, 2008
B
Buko
Oct 13, 2008
Obtained CS3 via download and got no extras.

Guess I was hoping someones experience with previous versions would give a clue

your own previous experience not good enough?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 14, 2008
I got CS3 via download and got some extras that weren’t included in the file available for trial: There were two downloads, the 464 MB PSCS3 download and the 94 MB "Download contains additional Photoshop value-added content including optional plug-ins, sample files, textures, web swatches and stock photography, not included with the trial version." Also, if you register online, you get free fonts or training. Eventually. Very eventually.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 14, 2008
I like the DVD full of Lynda.com videos that comes in the box.
B
bob733
Oct 25, 2008
Having purchased CS4 (ID, PS and IL) separately, and downloading all three, I too am wondering about the extra content.

For example, when downloading PS CS4, I had to use the Adobe download manager. There were two files (one was obviously PS itself and then a smaller extra content file).

I clicked on, downloaded and subsequently installed the larger PS file. My question is this. Does the download manager also know to download the smaller extra content file or do I have to go and click on the smaller file separately (after PS is loaded)?

I did go back and click on the smaller file but this looked like it might be trying to also download (again) the larger file, so I canceled it off before telling it where to install it to.

Appreciate any insight on this.

Bob
RD
Ray_Daley
Oct 25, 2008
I purchased the download and downloaded both files.
The extras downloaded as a self extracting file (PHSPCS4_Cont_LS1.exe 6578kb). All of the extras are inside.
HM
Harvey_Moore
Oct 25, 2008
Thanks Ray

I tried to download this the other nite after the program was obtained, and it would not do anything.

Just tried it again and got it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections