Posted By
kingfire
Sep 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I recently have reformated my machine and installed XP SP3

sadly now, I can’t install Photoshop CS3, when I double-click on Setup.exe, it show me a small bar/dialog which tells me it’s extracting files, but after that, NOTHING HAPPENS

I left it for an hour, and again, nothing happens. I checked my Task Manager and I found that Setup.exe and Msiexec.exe are running but with completely 0% of system resource.

I tried everything possible, nothing worked for me, I really need Photoshop CS3 for my work.

thanks advance
JohnX

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
Sep 29, 2008
Roll it back to SP2 and try it.

Bob
K
kingfire
Sep 29, 2008
^^I don’t think it’s possilbe, I slipstreamed SP3 into my Win XP CD so it’s unremoveable Thanks for the fast replay.
JohnX
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 29, 2008
bob, roll back isn’t needed. i recently used an xp sp3 cd to format/install windows and cs3 install went fine.
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 29, 2008
I’ve seen issues in the ID forums where rolling back to SP2 helped.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 29, 2008
I hear ya. that’s on an existing system with an upgrade. i’ve solved (well, resolved) a remote desktop problem with a rollback to sp2.

but on the clean xp pro sp3 system (1st app install after anti-virus and firewall), the cs3 install took about 10 minutes. very fast very smooth.
R
Rick
Sep 29, 2008
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:12:38 -0700, wrote:

Hello, I recently have reformated my machine and installed XP SP3
sadly now, I can’t install Photoshop CS3, when I double-click on Setup.exe, it show me a small bar/dialog which tells me it’s extracting files, but after that, NOTHING HAPPENS

I left it for an hour, and again, nothing happens. I checked my Task Manager and I found that Setup.exe and Msiexec.exe are running but with completely 0% of system resource.

I tried everything possible, nothing worked for me, I really need Photoshop CS3 for my work.
thanks advance
JohnX

Is this issue resolved?. Will PS CS3 not install on SP3 ?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections