W
Posted By
wesleyjen
Sep 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended Version, and was eager to use it when I got the registration screen…and it froze.

It just blanks out after selecting "Do Not Register" and "Register Later"

I don’t know how to fix it…can you guys help me?

My computer’s hardware is:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
Radeon X800 GPU
2 Gigs of RAM
110 gigs of freespace
Using Microsoft XP SP3

Let me know if you need any other information.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mylenium
Sep 22, 2008
Check your system for com.adobe.*.registration files. If you change the first line to "never", the register dialog will be suppressed. Apart from that, certainly some firewall or security tool is blocking the outgoing connection and that’s why it goes *poof*…

Mylenium
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 22, 2008
blank and unresponsive

That’s Adobe for you! 🙂
JT
John_T_Smith
Sep 22, 2008
Since this is a USER TO USER forum, not Adobe support, and as the only way another user could reply is if they had that EXACT problem and also had a solution, you may need to contact Adobe for help

In the US – Adobe General support 800-833-6687
In the US – Adobe Install Problems 800-642-3623
DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 22, 2008
and as the only way another user could reply is if they had that EXACT problem and also had a solution,

I’ve noticed this message from you several times, John. Often in cases like this where there is a possibility that another user has had the exact same problem, and thus might have an answer.

I suggest that you shorten your message to "You may need to contact Adobe for help, and the following two lines" which will seem less naggy.
W
wesleyjen
Sep 22, 2008
@Mylenium.

Would you mind clarifying a bit? Anything with a file name (or folder, location, etc…) would help greatly.

I’m just having a heck of a time looking for anything resembling that…and my results so far aren’t very encouraging. =/

@John Joslin,

Heh. Made my day. =P
M
Mylenium
Sep 23, 2008
Check your user profile directory first:

C:\Documents and Settings\Wesley\Application Data\Adobe

In some cases they also get created in the program directory

C:\Programs\Common Files\Adobe

Mylenium
W
wesleyjen
Sep 23, 2008
@mylenium
Thanks for all the help so far, but I can’t seem to find anything pertaining to registration, even in those directories.

Is the file or folder name the com.adobe.*.registration, or is it something else?
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 23, 2008
are your fonts set to "large" in your monitor settings? set them back to normal…
W
wesleyjen
Sep 24, 2008
@dave – The font’s aren’t set to large.

I just can’t seem to find the registration files to manually change to "never register"
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 24, 2008
What’s that under "Help"?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections