DC
Posted By
d_cole
Sep 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Grateful for any advice on how I can get rid of the jitters and lags I am having with my Intuos 3 pen and tablet. The cursor is not moving smoothly and there is often a lag between moving the pen tool and the cursor moving in response (to produce a brushed line or an erased area). I have memory in CS3 set to 61% (of 3Gb ram in total). I am using a Matrox M9125 (512Mb memory) graphics card under Vista Ultimate 32Bit. I am not experiencing the same cursor lags and jitters in Corel Painter X.

I wonder if maybe it’s a driver issue – but I’m using the latest drivers for vga card and Wacom hardware. I also have the Vista Pen and Tablet functions disabled.

Hope someone can suggest a remedy. Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Curvemeister
Sep 22, 2008
If holding down the space bar makes the jitter go away, I have a couple of ideas.
DC
d_cole
Sep 22, 2008
Thanks. It seems to have righted itself but I’ll keep your idea in mind and try it if the lags start again. I got rid of some phantom Wacom mice from Device Manager and this may have helped. Time will tell.
MV
Martin_V_Madsen
Sep 23, 2008
It’s a vista + photoshop issue, just run Windows Vista in Aero mode and it will go away. I know this seems backwards, but in this case something actually runs better with Aero enabled =).
DC
d_cole
Sep 23, 2008
Martin
That’s very interesting. I recently had trouble with a vga card and switched to Standard Vista mode and come to think of it that’s probably when my lags and jitters started. Subsequently, when I installed a new card and switched back to aero mode, the problems seemed to have vanished. They have not reappeared. It never occurred to me that the issue was Standard/Aero mode. It’s very helpful to know that. Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections