R
Posted By
Robert
Oct 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just purchased a Minolta Magicolor 3100 and printing my pictures to this printer takes for ever to spool. Does anyone know of a way to increase the spooling time. If I have a file in the neighborhood of 25 mg, it will take up to 3 minutes or more before I get to printing. There has to be some setting to help this out. I am running a P4, 2.4 processor with 512 memory, XP Prof. I would think this would work faster. My connection is USB. If anyone has any answers, please post.

Thank you

R Winks

Printing pages off the net or anything, go through in about 15 to 20 seconds

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
Scott
Oct 21, 2003
Maybe try this?
Go to Start Menu/Printers/Minolta Magiccolor 3100/Properties/Advanced Tab

Is there a check box for "Print directly to printer" ?

"Robert" wrote in message
I just purchased a Minolta Magicolor 3100 and printing my pictures to this printer takes for ever to spool. Does anyone know of a way to increase
the
spooling time. If I have a file in the neighborhood of 25 mg, it will
take
up to 3 minutes or more before I get to printing. There has to be some setting to help this out. I am running a P4, 2.4 processor with 512
memory,
XP Prof. I would think this would work faster. My connection is USB. If anyone has any answers, please post.

Thank you

R Winks

Printing pages off the net or anything, go through in about 15 to 20
seconds
BK
Barry Kelsall
Oct 21, 2003
"Scott" wrote in message
Maybe try this?
Go to Start Menu/Printers/Minolta Magiccolor 3100/Properties/Advanced Tab
Is there a check box for "Print directly to printer" ?

But using this setting will tie up the computer until printing is finished, unacceptable for many (including me). I would check for updated drivers, or buy a different printer. Also, check to make sure your system is configured properly, with updated chipset drivers for the motherboard, etc. Could be a USB problem that would rear its ugly head on any printer. -BK

I just purchased a Minolta Magicolor 3100 and printing my pictures to
this
printer takes for ever to spool. Does anyone know of a way to increase
the
take
up to 3 minutes or more before I get to printing. There has to be some setting to help this out. I am running a P4, 2.4 processor with 512
memory,
XP Prof. I would think this would work faster. My connection is USB.
If
anyone has any answers, please post.

Thank you

R Winks

seconds

H
Hecate
Oct 21, 2003
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:25:43 GMT, "Robert"
wrote:

I just purchased a Minolta Magicolor 3100 and printing my pictures to this printer takes for ever to spool. Does anyone know of a way to increase the spooling time. If I have a file in the neighborhood of 25 mg, it will take up to 3 minutes or more before I get to printing. There has to be some setting to help this out. I am running a P4, 2.4 processor with 512 memory, XP Prof. I would think this would work faster. My connection is USB. If anyone has any answers, please post.

Thank you

R Winks

Printing pages off the net or anything, go through in about 15 to 20 seconds
It sounds like the printer doesn’t have enough memory to cope with the images you are sending it. This means that the processor is tied up in dealing with printing in small chunks.

An easy solution to this, if you have an old computer lying around, is to set up the old computer as print server. Your image then passes almost instantaneously to the print server and you can carry on working. The other solution, but it depends on the printer, is to increase it’s memory.

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
K
Keefy
Oct 22, 2003
Hi Robert

If you are printing a lanscape image, the printer will have to turn the image round 90 degrees, try flipping it before printing, this definately speeds things up for me.

Good luck

Keefy

I just purchased a Minolta Magicolor 3100 and printing my pictures to this printer takes for ever to spool. Does anyone know of a way to increase
the
take
memory,
XP Prof. I would think this would work faster. My connection is USB. If anyone has any answers, please post.

Thank you

R Winks

seconds

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections