B
Posted By
Bryce
Oct 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What’s the easiest way to do this? I tried it in image ready but after about 2 hours and 15 megs of files, it was getting out of hand?

I have a picture with a bunch of arrows on it:

http://www.richertnet.com/temp/school/imagemap-reduced.jpg

I have the corresponding pictures from the angles depicted by those arrows.

I want the user to be able to click on the arrow and see the corresponding picture on the right hand side of the screen.

Bryce.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
Littleboy
Oct 21, 2003
Just take the image to Dreamweaver, Golive or Frontpage and start creating image maps ie draw hotspots (squares, circels or custom shapes) on your image and add links to the hotspots.

Now you could split your screen into 2 frames and have an information image appear in the right frame, as you aim to do.

Or, in Dreamweaver and Golive at least, you could add a behaviour (javascript) to the hotspots in the form of a "swap image" action. You can use onMouseOver and onMouseOut, or just onMouseOver could suffice for your aim.

Of course you can do all this in ImageReady as well, but I can imagine it’s easy to loose the overview in there, with all the layers you have to start turning on and off 😉

You could also consider doing this in Flash. Would probably seem more responsive to the user than contineously waiting for half loaded images.

Greets

Littleboy

"Bryce" wrote in message
What’s the easiest way to do this? I tried it in image ready but after
about
2 hours and 15 megs of files, it was getting out of hand?

I have the corresponding pictures from the angles depicted by those
arrows.
I want the user to be able to click on the arrow and see the corresponding picture on the right hand side of the screen.

Bryce.

B
Bryce
Oct 21, 2003
thanks.

"Littleboy" wrote in message
Just take the image to Dreamweaver, Golive or Frontpage and start creating image maps ie draw hotspots (squares, circels or custom shapes) on your image and add links to the hotspots.

Now you could split your screen into 2 frames and have an information
appear in the right frame, as you aim to do.

Or, in Dreamweaver and Golive at least, you could add a behaviour (javascript) to the hotspots in the form of a "swap image" action. You can use onMouseOver and onMouseOut, or just onMouseOver could suffice for your aim.

Of course you can do all this in ImageReady as well, but I can imagine
it’s
easy to loose the overview in there, with all the layers you have to start turning on and off 😉

You could also consider doing this in Flash. Would probably seem more responsive to the user than contineously waiting for half loaded images.
Greets

Littleboy

"Bryce" wrote in message
What’s the easiest way to do this? I tried it in image ready but after
about
2 hours and 15 megs of files, it was getting out of hand?

I have the corresponding pictures from the angles depicted by those
arrows.
I want the user to be able to click on the arrow and see the
corresponding
picture on the right hand side of the screen.

Bryce.

H
Hecate
Oct 21, 2003
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:26:59 -0700, "Bryce"
wrote:

What’s the easiest way to do this? I tried it in image ready but after about 2 hours and 15 megs of files, it was getting out of hand?

I have the corresponding pictures from the angles depicted by those arrows.
The easiest way? Use web creation software like Dreamweaver (recommended) GoLive (if you must) or Frontpage (if you it’s the last software app in the world). It’s trivial and very easy to do using the right software. unfortunately you;re trying to do it using IR which isn’t the right software. For anything.

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections