FR
Posted By
Fred_Rickle
Sep 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I create an image in PS and save it to a JPG or PNG, it will not have that file be the current open file. I flatten the image and click to Save As, but when it saves, the image still has Untitled as the name in the program bar. What’s the deal?? Granted, I haven’t been using PS-CS3 for long, but in the previous versions, if an image is flattened and saved as a JPG, GIF, PNG, etc, it will then have that file open instead of the original PSD file. Is there something I’m missing or is this a new "feature" of CS3?

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 10, 2008
You really don’t want to be working on the saved file, especially with JPG and GIF, which don’t maintain the same levels of data as PSD does. GIF has fewer colors, and JPG actually messes up data.

For that reason, I assume, the title bar does not change, and you continue to work in the PSD file. I suspect if you save As to a PSD format, it will change the bar.
FR
Fred_Rickle
Sep 10, 2008
OK, I’m trying not to be rude, but I wasn’t asking about how inefficient my practices seem to be. I actually DO want to work with JPG and PNG images because all I’m doing is resizing. I know it works because in CS, I can flatten an image and save it, and the new file ("sample.jpg") appears in the title bar. I mean I know I could just open the newly saved file and work from there, but I lose the undo states and so if I resize it too small, I’d have to go through the whole process again. Not a big deal, but I shouldn’t have to Save As every time once I flatten the image.

Anyone else got any clue how to correct this?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections