How can I produce a printable image file with print screen built in?

AF
Posted By
Alan F Cross
Oct 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can set screening parameters in my print driver, and can print using a variety of screens. But what I want to do is produce a printer-screened image file that I can view on the screen, or incorporate in another document.

If I ‘print to file’ I get a file that is printable (PCL6 and all that), not a tiff or jpeg. Do I somehow create a virtual printer that needs tiff files, and has a driver with screen options? Or is there a utility somewhere to process the image, internally in, say, Photoshop? —
Alan F Cross

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jharris3
Oct 22, 2003
You will have to work out the best settings for your application:

Filter/Pixelate/Color Halftone

See the help file for more details.

HTH

Jiii

"Alan F Cross" wrote in message
I can set screening parameters in my print driver, and can print using a variety of screens. But what I want to do is produce a printer-screened image file that I can view on the screen, or incorporate in another document.

If I ‘print to file’ I get a file that is printable (PCL6 and all that), not a tiff or jpeg. Do I somehow create a virtual printer that needs tiff files, and has a driver with screen options? Or is there a utility somewhere to process the image, internally in, say, Photoshop? —
Alan F Cross

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections