JJ
Posted By
Jack_Jaunia
Sep 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
had CS3 running fine for as long as i can remember.. (on winxp pro sp3 32bit)

then all of a sudden today when i try to start it.. it opens and the splash screen comes up, then when it gets to ‘initializing palettes’ i get an error that says etc etc memory cannot be read…

uninstalled, ran the cleaner, deleted all cs3 folders in docs&settings.. reinstalled.. same problem

ive spent the last few hours on google looking for some solutions but couldnt come up with anything that helped..

any ideas at all? i dont want to have to reformat just to get photoshop to work again, thats a bit silly of a solution.. there has to be some other reason..

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

F
Freeagent
Sep 3, 2008
Reset the preferences. See FAQ.
CF
chris_farrell
Sep 3, 2008
Did you install anything recently?

run the uninstall / cleaner then do a quick regedit scan to double check – you can ask to find ‘photoshop’ and it will go through all the reg entries.

less likely :-
How are your drives? – run chkdsk and do a full scan on c:\
JJ
Jack_Jaunia
Sep 3, 2008
ive reset the prefs.. ran the cleaner.. searched the registry.. etc etc..

the only thing i can think of that ive added since the last time i used photoshop was the new google chrome browser, which i uninstalled and it didnt help any

my hard drives all check out fine, memtest shows my 2gb of ram have 0 errors, ran several virus/spyware/etc scans and got nothing..

really dont wanna reformat just for one program that seems to have randomly stopped working.. there has to be another solution lol.. reformatting for me is a huge pain as it takes quite a while for me to get everything tweaked back to the way i like it..

guess later tonight ill try installing it on my vista partition and if it works on that, i guess i can just boot up to vista instead of xp when i need to use it
PC
Patsy_Cunningham
Oct 6, 2008
Hi Jack:
had the same problem with the "iniitalizing palettes" error as you. Adobe now has a solution, says you need to have the font Segoe-UI installed. since I had just uninstalled a bunch of fonts ( then copied back after problems with MS Office and others), I thought it was worth trying. I reinstalled it (using administrator priveleges in Explorer, rebooted and Photoshop worked fine

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections