S
Posted By
stevezynda
Sep 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop 10.0 (Windows XP) and use it to edit my photos from my new Nikon D300 camera. I create and maintain my images in JPG format as a preference and have no plans of saving in RAW. My D300 includes 40 to 50 camera info/metadata elements including the camera and lens settings at the time the photo is taken. When I do a simple "Save As" in Photoshop 10 to a new JPG file (whether image adjustments are done to the source image or not), the new JPG file is stripped of about half or more of the original camera-specific metadata elements. Is there a Photoshop setting or Nikon/Photoshop plug-in that will force the software to preserve/retain the original metadata? (The Capture NX2 solution is not an option as the one key feature I use is Auto Levels – The Auto Levels feature in Capture NX2 washes out my photos to an undesireable state). Therefore, I need to continue using Adobe for the benefit of their better Auto Levels feature and I also use their automation heavily as I process 100’s of photos at a time. The only drawback of Adobe right now is they discard most of the camera specific shooting data at the time of save. RAW is not an option as the file sizes are too large for my storage, sharing and usage needs.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Sep 3, 2008
You may need to define custom XMP data fields for the extra data, which is done in the XMP control panel in Bridge. Photoshop should respect these fields and retain matching info by transfering it to XMP. Possibly someone has done this already and may provide a template somewhere for download. If that does not work, then I would guess waiting for CS4, due to be released officially on September 23, or using Lightroom 2 wil lbe your only option.

Mylenium

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections