FG
Posted By
Fabian_Gerngro
Sep 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is my first (and hopefully my last time) in this forum, sorry for my bad English, here we go:

the story:
I was looking for a program in which I could use my graphic-tablet and a friend suggested to try out PS. So I filled out the registration form and downloaded the trial. Then I extracted the download package to C:~~~/User/Desktop as recommended. Afterwards I turned off the internet, firewall and antivir to avoid troubles while installing. But after I clicked on setup.exe (dir: C:\Users\Fabian\Desktop\Adobe CS3\Photoshop\Adobe CS3) only a small window appeared and got closed right after. (I was able to make a screenshot: <http://666kb.com/i/b1quddwh4xkcoo75y.jpg> ) I tried out to start it with admin rights (nothing changed) and then I installed an update for the windows installer (4.5) (nothing changed).

my notebook:
vista sp1 home premium (up to date)
2x2Ghz Core 2 Duo
2GB Ram
over 30GB free HD-space
setup.exe (the installer of ps, version 1.0.350.0)

antivir and spybot found no malware on my pc (full scan today, both latest versions)

I wasn’t even able to find a similar problem here on the adobe page, maybe someone knows what to do. Please help me!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mylenium
Sep 1, 2008
Check whether you can move the file to a different location and whether it has its permissions not set right. For some strange reason, on Vista files downloaded to the Desktop sometimes are locked, probably one more of those UAC mysteries. Also check whether your temporary directories (User/AppData/Local and so on) are free. You can also write in German, if you’re not feeling comfortable with English. I and a few others are from that wonderful country, too.

Beste Grüße

Mylenium
FG
Fabian_Gerngro
Sep 1, 2008
I’ve tried to install the program from a different directory, I think my windows installer is crashing every time i try to install it, maybe I find a working hotfix for it.

I followed these steps when i tried to install ps:
<http://666kb.com/i/b1qwvm0mq1zs8iekm.jpg>
First I downloaded it to C:~~/Downloads (1.)
Then I extracted this file to C:~/Desktop (2.)
Afterwards I got these files (3.)
After clicking on setup.exe this window (4.) appears and disappears right after

Danke für die bisherige Hilfe
aus der Alpenrepublik

Fabs
M
Mylenium
Sep 2, 2008
Mmh. Very strange. Sorry, if that didn’t help. I’m afraid I can’t give any more pointers, but perhaps someone else has an idea.

Mylenium
FG
Fabian_Gerngro
Sep 2, 2008
Ok, I installed now Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 which I got with my new graphic-tablet without any problems. It’s a little bit disappointing that this old software works, but cs3 extended not.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections