Some colours change from Photoshop to Illustrator in Swatches saved in Exchange format

L
Posted By
Limeshirt
Aug 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I save a colour swatch in Photoshop Extended CS3 in the .ase format and load it into Illustrator CS3, some of the colours change completely – e.g. a bright orange #ffbb29 (in Ps) appears as a pale grey blue #B2BACE (in Ai). The problem seems to be with the use of upper or lower case – if the orange is question is saved as #FFBB29, it appears correctly in Illustrator (although bizarrely this seems to only affect some colours that feature (hex) letters).

Is there a way of getting Photoshop to automatically give the values in upper case? I know I could just retype them all, but it would take ages (I use Swatches all the time) and it kind of defeats the whole Exchange idea. Or is there another way round the problem? My colour settings are synched (via Bridge) across CS3 Design Premium. Thanks in advance.

Running XP Pro SP3 (32 bit), Dual Intel 5160s, 4GB RAM (yeah, I know)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections