TM
Posted By
Trevor_M_Wilson
Aug 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PS CS2 on my XP based PC and it has worked fine for a number of years. Recently whenever I start PS is loads fine but then the very first image takes ages to load (>1 minute). All subsequent images load quickly as you’d expect.

It doesn’t matter where that first image is saved and the size of the image makes no difference.

Today I tried a re-installation but the problem still exists.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Aug 27, 2008
set a local printer to be your system wide default. ps is looking for a network printer you have set up and it’s either slow to find it or can’t find it (printer may be off or disconnected).
JJ
John Joslin
Aug 27, 2008
The fix is right but the cause can also be something else. I cured slow File > Open and File > New with that fix but never had a network printer. Never had a network come to that!
TM
Trevor_M_Wilson
Aug 27, 2008
Thanks for the replies. It does seem to relate to this and I am also having a spot of bother with the printer. If set the default printer to a PDF generator that I have then the problem is solved.

Now, all I have to do is sort the printer issue… (Very slow to get printing from any program). The printer is on my machine but is available through a network to a laptop – both machines suffer this same PS loading problem.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 27, 2008
cool. one problem down, one to go. 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections