MT
Posted By
Michael_Tulipan
Aug 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a PDF file that I cannot open in Photoshop (it works in the PDF viewer).

The message is: "could not open x.pdf because it is not a Photoshop PDF file"

I did try to open file type PDF generic but that did not work either. My first attempt was merely double-clicking on the file name.

I am on Windows XP and using Photoshop 7.0

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Aug 20, 2008
Create a new large document and try File—>Place… and choose your PDF.

You will be shown a dialogue box where you can choose which page to place. If your PDF document has more than 1 page, you’ll have to place them one page at a time.
MT
Michael_Tulipan
Aug 20, 2008
Unfortunately, that does not work either. It gives a Generic PDF Parser error – There was an error processing this document.
J
jcates
Aug 20, 2008
You say it will open in a PDF viewer… Acrobat Reader?
MT
Michael_Tulipan
Aug 20, 2008
Yes it opens in Acrobat Reader, no problem. Just a single photograph in the pdf.
J
jcates
Aug 20, 2008
What version is the PDF?
MT
Michael_Tulipan
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks, I copied it and pasted it.

Duh. No idea why I didn’t think of that. You’re the best!
B
Buko
Aug 20, 2008
That’s why jcates gets the big bucks.
J
jcates
Aug 20, 2008
Yep. Rollin in dough here.

Glad that worked for you, Michael. Reason I asked is because some people put security settings on their PDF’s to prevent copying of images or text. I’m one of them (most of the time).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections