Trial version downloads and installs fine, but won’t load.

DC
Posted By
Drew_Condon
Aug 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can download and install PS CS3 (as well as Illustrator, Dreamweaver etc) just fine…

….but when I launch the app and select the option to start the trial, I get an ambiguous error message saying that…

"A problem was encountered while trying to load the trial period for Adobe Photoshop CS3

Click Quit to see if restarting you computer or reinstalling the software…"

so I did both, and I still get the error.

I need this trial version as a bridge for the next month before pulling the trigger on the full suite; please help ASAP.

– Drew

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JT
John_T_Smith
Aug 19, 2008
please help ASAP

Since this is a USER TO USER forum, not Adobe support, and as the only way another user could reply is if they had that EXACT problem and also had a solution, you may need to contact Adobe for help

In the US – Adobe General support 800-833-6687
In the US – Adobe Install Problems 800-642-3623

Also, you provide ZERO details about your computer or Windoze… so I will "guess" that the current software won’t run on a P3 processor using Windows 98 with 256Meg of memory
RB
Rudy Benner
Aug 19, 2008
wrote in message
I can download and install PS CS3 (as well as Illustrator, Dreamweaver etc) just fine…

…but when I launch the app and select the option to start the trial, I get an ambiguous error message saying that…

"A problem was encountered while trying to load the trial period for Adobe Photoshop CS3

Click Quit to see if restarting you computer or reinstalling the software…"

so I did both, and I still get the error.

I need this trial version as a bridge for the next month before pulling the trigger on the full suite; please help ASAP.

– Drew

Can’t hurt to reset all the preferences. Open the application and immediately hold down SHIFT/CTRL/ALT keys. If you do it right, you will get a dialogue box.
DC
Drew_Condon
Aug 19, 2008
Pentium D 2.8
XP SP3
512 mb RAM (which is low…but meets the req.)

so lay it on me, USER TO USER?

and FYI tons of users have had this EXACT problem per google it.
DC
Drew_Condon
Aug 19, 2008
well…nevermind.

Adobe gave some longwinded mostly BS answer about McAfee and Norton (neither of which I have) or Windows doing an update before PS was launched causing the issue…

….and said the ONLY solution is to get the demo on DVD, or, of course, buy it. Wonderful.
M
Mylenium
Aug 20, 2008
Well, but then again you can’t exactly blame them for making a trial version part of your business plan, can you?

Mylenium

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections