DK
Posted By
Daniel Kaiser
Sep 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am from central europe, and adobe open type pro fonts have charachters glyph for my language, but only indesign and microsoft word have acces to this fonts.

When Adobe support unicode in Photoshop?

thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Sep 14, 2003
Photoshop DOES support Unicode.

What version are you using?

And are what language edition of Photoshop are you using?
DK
Daniel Kaiser
Sep 14, 2003
v7.0.1 US and 6.0.1. And I can’t acces croatian glyphs in this fonts.
JW
John Woram
Sep 14, 2003
I don’t have any Croatian fonts on hand, and I don’t know the unicode for any of the distinctive characters, but the following works for me if I need a unicode character that is not part of the ISO 8859-1 set.

In an HTML file, I type an ampersand, a pound-sign, the number 8250 and a semi-colon to display a right-facing single-angle quote mark (looks similar to a ">" character). Then I copy that character from the HTML page and paste it into a text line in Photoshop 7. Replace the 8250 above with whatever unicode number you need. Having done that, the character seems to behave just like the other characters in the same text layer.

This would be a real nuisance if you have a lot of characters to enter, but for infrequent use it’s OK. If there’s an easier way, I don’t know what it is.
P
Phosphor
Sep 14, 2003
Daniel – have you tried the Central European version of Photoshop?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections