JB
Posted By
Joel_Benedict
Aug 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need my batch to name the files from first scanned to last scanned, not last opened first opened.

I used Ps CS2 to create an automation for scanning and saving. First, I used Automate > Batch to set the scanner as the importing device. I added the action I wanted it to perform. I picked a folder as the destination. I set up the naming scheme to be the name I picked, (Ball, in this case) + 4 digit serial number (beginning with 1) + EXTENSION (In CS2, you set this up by saving a sample file in the format you want. You can’t pick it from the Batch setup).

I set it to override any save commands in the action I made (it won’t save anything if you chose the override option and if you don’t have a Save As command in the action)(Also, if you leave this blank, and don’t put a Save As command in the action, it will halt at the end of the action and force you to manually save each one).

I made my own set, action, and commands to help the Batch command make the scanning and saving process a one button process: Set > Action > rotate, resize, whatever (it isn’t important what I asked it to do to each scanned image, the saving process is what is important) , Save As (details of file type, etc. were subcatagories here).

To start it, I choose Batch, choose OK. The scanner asks me for my first scan, it scans (and goes to the Ps screen as Untitled-1, while the acquire screen stays up), I hit Scan (on the acquire screen), it scans, I hit Scan, it scans, etc. until I’ve scanned all the stuff I want. When I’m done scanning all I want, I hit Exit (to exit out of the scanner’s acquire screen), and my action works its magic: it does all the image editing, and saves them all to the folder.

It made the process seamless, but there is one critical weak point that makes it difficult to integrate into Flash: the scans Save As last opened to first opened. Untitled-43 is now Ball0001.GIF and Untitled-1 is now Ball0043.GIF, etc.

There’s a workaround: Scan whatever in reverse order. Put your last document on first, and go backwards. But if you need to add something to the last picture, you can’t pick up where you left off. To work around this, you could set up the first number in the batch differently.

Note: this is a repeat post mostly, but it really should have been in its own topic anyway.

The files must be named in the order they were scanned: Untitled-1 should Save As Ball0001.GIF (or .BMP or whatever; the saving process is what is important, not the details.), Untitled-2 should be Ball0002.GIF, etc.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections