T
Posted By
timswope
Aug 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an internal expresscard 16 GB flash drive and Photoshop doesn’t see it. So I can’t select it as a scratch disk. Is there a workaround to get PSCS3 to see this drive? or did I just waste my money?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Aug 13, 2008
You wasted your money.

You need a hard drive formatted for your respective system.
T
timswope
Aug 13, 2008
Well, I only wasted postage, it is still returnable.

Why can’t this be done? I can use an external HD as a scratch disk, and that is removable. Why not this expresscard drive? I even formatted it NTFS yet PS doesn’t see it. Why? I am on a laptop and would like to increase my performance.
JT
John_T_Smith
Aug 13, 2008
I don’t know that hardware, so will GUESS it is a USB device

I think there is a device identifier code in the hardware to tell Windoze the type of device… and a "memory stick" type of device has a different code than a hard drive

You might enter some likely search terms here < http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlan g=en-US> to see if there is some way to make Windoze think a memory drive is a hard drive

Or, if there is an article that explains how to use what you have as a scratch disk
CF
chris_farrell
Aug 13, 2008
I’m thinking of getting a small ( 30gb ) SSD for Photoshop…this might be useful if you can get a refund/exchange. A little higher in price but much better performance over the your mechanical drives.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections