The ‘Brightness/Contrast’ dialogue screen becomes unexplainably absent in PhotoShop 7.0 on XP

L
Posted By
lavaeandbob
Aug 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
About every year of so the ‘Brightness/Contrast’ screen becomes unexplainably absent while using my PhotoShop 7.0 in XP. When I click on ‘Brightness/Contrast’ the eyedropper becomes active as usual but the dialog screen with the two ‘sliders’ for brightness and contrast is not visible. Where is it? If I uninstall and reinstall it’s OK again for a while.
Bob Arens

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Curvemeister
Aug 13, 2008
It’s not unheard of for dialogs to become lost off screen. It can happen when you reconfigure your display rez, or rearrange monitors.

Before you re-install (assuming this happens again), try resetting your prefs by pressing the ctrl-alt-shift keys during startup.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections