RT
Posted By
Robert_Trousdale
Jul 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Today I cannot open CS3. I get the message *Licensing for this product has stopped working*. I saw the thread about getting this message after deleting a beta version, but I have never had a beta version and have been using the current configuration for many months.
CS3 v. 10.0.1.0
WinXP SP2, 2GB ram, 234GB free space on C:, 140GB free space on D:

Any help is appreciated.

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 18, 2008
I got that once, restarted and it cleared right up.
RT
Robert_Trousdale
Jul 19, 2008
Restarting doesn’ work for me. I just get the same message. I can open Bridge, but not PS.
TG
T_Galloway
Jul 19, 2008
Did you do anything to the hard drive?
Adobe puts the activation info on the first sector of the drive. (Bad place to put it)

If you run anything like a boot manager or rebuild the MBR, it will wipe it out.

Re-installing PS will put it back.

Good luck

T.O.
RT
Robert_Trousdale
Jul 19, 2008
Nothing. I edited some photos just two days ago.

I purchased this as a download so I have no hard media, and I’m sort of dreading a reinstall.
M
madcat75
Sep 30, 2008
i’ve got the same problem… have no idea what to do.. before sending back the software i want to make sure it isn’t a problem with vista or my computer. has anyone solved this issue? i’ve reinstalled etc it about 3 times to no avail. just getting more and more frustrated..
M
madcat75
Sep 30, 2008
I’ve got the same problem, so frustrating!!! just bought it and i keep reinstalling it and rebooting computer but to no avail!

hope someone out there knows what to do!!
M
Mylenium
Sep 30, 2008
Did you all check the respective sub-sections of this forum for ideas? Did you attempt to install the Acrobat 8 Licensing patch (that also applies to all other CS3 products)? Are you installing with proper user priviliges and permissions? Anything going on with UAC and DEP on Vista? Updated to SP3 on XP? Virus scanners? Local firewalls?

Mylenium

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections