Why do I keep seeing the Adobe Splash/Credits Screen?

B
Posted By
boni
Jul 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended suite. I am very new to Photoshop so bear with me. Whatever I do, it seems the Adobe Splash/Credits screen comes on first and then it takes me to the screen I have selected. For example, whenever I select a photo while in Bridge, before it goes directly into Photoshop for viewing/editing, I will see the splash screen. It seems to take forever to keep switching screens. Is there a way to get rid of that splash screen appearing every time?

Thank you for any input or advice.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
BILL_HUNT
Jul 21, 2008
Boni,

When you start PS, it has to go through the loading of all the components, that it needs. Depending on your # of fonts, plug-ins, etc., it can take a long time. Once the program is running, you can minimize it, and then dbl-click (or Open, or Open With) from Explorer, and PS will not have to load all over, as it’s still running. Now, if you close it, then Open another file in PS, it will go through the process, but if you have not re-booted, should do it in less time, though not significantly less.

Open it once, and leave it running.

Hunt
B
boni
Jul 21, 2008
Hi, Hunt
Thank you for your reply. I showed an expert Photoshop friend of mine yesterday what was happening and he said something’s not right. He uses CS2, not 3.

I have both Photoshop and Bridge running minimized. I have my preferences that Bridge automatically launches with Photoshop. For each photo I open in Bridge, as it takes me into Photoshop, that lovely splash screen starts to roll first. Remember, Photoshop is already running. I’m thinking there’s a bug in my software. I can’t imagine that this is normal. And it’s not consistent,which is even stranger. I was going to attempt to install the program on another computer just to see if the same thing happens. Should I uninstall and reinstall?
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 21, 2008
Something is definitely not right!

This is a very unusual behaviour. I am assuming it has always done this since the beginning.

The first thing to try is resetting your preferences as described in the FAQ.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.

If the problem persists, do an uninstall and re-install of the program. If this doesn’t cure it you may have a faulty copy and you should contact Adobe. Where did you buy the software?
B
boni
Jul 21, 2008
I will follow the resetting procedure and let you know if it cures the issue. Purchased the software from Staples Online. I will exchange it if this does not fix the problem. Thanks so much for your advice!
B
boni
Jul 21, 2008
YES!!!! That fixed it! I used the Alt, Ctrl/Shift method and that seems to have done the trick. It’s working fine for now. Hope it stays that way. Again, thank you for taking the time to help me.

Boni
JJ
John Joslin
Jul 21, 2008
🙂
BH
BILL_HUNT
Jul 21, 2008
Boni,

Thanks for the clarification. You are correct, as is your friend – that should not be happening. Maybe if you reset your preferences… ?

Just kidding, and glad that John helped you out. I was not sure when/where you were encountering this.

It is always better to try some other things, before doing an uninstall/clean/reinstall. Trashing Prefs is always a good place to start.

Hunt
B
boni
Jul 21, 2008
Hi, Hunt

Yes, resetting the preferences fixed this weird action. I am very relieved that I don’t have to do the uninstall/reinstall thing either.
So, you guys made my day! Thanks so much for your help!

Boni

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections