G
Posted By
GLSmyth
Jun 6, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a path using the pen tool. Of course, to get things right I have to move some of the anchor points. I believe that I should be able to do this by holding the Control key down while using the Convert Point Tool. Sometimes this works just fine, and other times the whole selection moves when I try to move the anchor point.

What is the exact procedure for moving an anchor point? I am apparently missing a step so that this appears to sometimes work, and other times not.

Cheers –

george

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
MisterOwl
Jun 9, 2008
On Jun 6, 8:21 am, GLSmyth wrote:
I have created a path using the pen tool. Of course, to get things right I have to move some of the anchor points. I believe that I should be able to do this by holding the Control key down while using the Convert Point Tool. Sometimes this works just fine, and other times the whole selection moves when I try to move the anchor point.

The Direct Select tool also helps when you need to tweak paths (keyboard shortcut ‘A’). There are two flavors, one to select the whole path and one to select anchor points & segments.

HTH
J
TM
Tiz Me
Jun 10, 2008
When using the Direct Select tool you need to click twice to select the one point then it won’t move the lot. To completely delete a point, use the pentool icon with the minus sign and it will remove that point completely.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections