JH
Posted By
jerry_hartman
May 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A guy designed a site for me a few years back. He a gallery of thumbnail sized photos. When you moved the cursor over a photo, it highlighted and when clicked it enlarged in another window. It seems pretty straight forward. I also have fireworks and Dreamwaever.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
May 18, 2008
yes.
JH
jerry_hartman
May 18, 2008
Thanks for the reply Dave. I am trying to do this, but haven’t found anything in the oline help index in PS. I am looking for suggestions.
DM
dave_milbut
May 18, 2008
sorry, i was being a bit of a cut up… %D

what i was obliquely hinting at is: what are you trying to do? your thread starter post is a series of statements. do you have a question to go with that?

there are several steps, possibly a couple programs and maybe some coding in what you describe. what part are your having trouble with?

for example, do you want an overview of what it takes to do all that? help making a gallery? help with thumbnails? help with the hilighting on mouseover? opening in new windows? opening in a frame? etc.

see the problem? 🙂

edit: also what are the versions of the programs you have?
JH
jerry_hartman
May 18, 2008
Dave,

I appreciate the reply. I amgenerally not to clear in conversation either. The site I had before had a page
of residential projects or a thumbnail photo gallery, I guess you could call it. As you stated when you did a
"mouseover" or as I said when the cursor was on a thumbnail, you could click on that picture and it would
open full page in a new browser window. I am just trying to get 10 to 20 thumbnail photos on 1 page for my
residential jobs; this is for a concise overview, but when any one phot is clicked it enlarges for better
viewing. I am not saying that having the enlarged picture open in a new browser frame is better or not, that
is just how my friend did it for my last site. I had a copy of the site on a computer that got lifted last winter;
therefore starting from scratch. Just going for the basics right now to get it back up and will try to snazz it
up later. I am currently using Dreamweaver for the web design, I heard it was the best fot that. I also, have a
copy of Photoshop and Fireworks. Like I said, I appreciate the reply, any insight would be helpful.
DM
dave_milbut
May 18, 2008
have you looked at photoshop’s web gallery? it might do most of what you’re looking for in one clip. you could then incorporate that output into a page you do in dreamweaver and do mouseover effects (the hilight) in there.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections