C
Posted By
copotay
May 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a jpg image that has an area of the image blocked with a white box where you cannot see the pixels beneath it, however in a thumbnail of the picture, in a regular windows folder, the white box is gone and you can see the entire picture and no white box.

I have tried everthing that I can think of in PS, but can’t seem to find anyway to remove the white box to see all of the pixels. Can anyone suggest someway to remove the white box to view the enitre picture.

Tks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
May 17, 2008
Sounds corrupted to me. If it’s a flattened file, there are no pixels hidden "underneath" the white box. That thumbnail is probably just the lo-rez Preview saved with the file.

Where did the file come from? Any way to get back to the original?
C
copotay
May 17, 2008
No, it was a picture with a sign blocked out with the name of a town, someone sent it to me and asked if I could figure out how to remove the white because the thumbnail is too small to read the sign. but thks thats kinda what I figured once the image has been flattened its done for.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections