P
Posted By
pdennler
May 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working in Photoshop CS3 Extended and I suddenly do not have access to the print command (or to page setup, or print one copy). These three commands are grayed out while the rest of the File drop down menu is active. No trouble printing in other apps.
Any ideas?

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 17, 2008
What are the pixel dimensions of the image you are trying to print?
P
pdennler
May 18, 2008
The pixel dimensions for this particular image are 4064×2704. It is a Tiff file.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 18, 2008
Well, that rules out the possibility that the image was too large. Does this problem occur with only certain images, or does it occur all the time?
P
pdennler
May 18, 2008
This has just started in the last few days. I can’t get the print command for anything in Photoshop: JPEG, TIFF, PSD, etc. I have no trouble printing in other products however. I am printing to an Epson 3800 and as I said, have had no trouble until now…

Thanks for your attention.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 19, 2008
Try deleting your preferences file (see the FAQ <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1> if you don’t know how) and then doing a repair install. Let us know if those steps fix the problem or not.
P
pdennler
May 19, 2008
I deleted the preferences as per the instructions and then did the repair/reinstall. Unfortunately there was no change, the print commands are still unavailable.
Thanks

PD
DM
dave_milbut
May 19, 2008
reinstall the print driver?
P
pdennler
May 19, 2008
I will try reinstalling the print driver but I am having no trouble printing in other apps…
DM
dave_milbut
May 19, 2008
that’s probably not it, but we’re running out of ideas…
JS
Jesse_Schutt
Oct 15, 2008
Hey Guys,

Was this ever solved for you? I came in to the office this morning to the exact same problem. What was the answer?

Thanks in advance!

Jesse
RC
Rick_Calic
Oct 16, 2008
Updated info for users on Vista 64 bit.

Newbie [to these forums] having same issue – greyed out ‘Print Setup’, ‘Print’, and ‘Print One Copy’ that just started recently.

System: Vista Business 64bit
Printer: HP 4260 [until my Canon i9900 gets fixed]
Photoshop: 10.01

Symptoms: This printing issue is with Photoshop ONLY. Other Adobe products print fine as do all other programs.

I’ve reinstalled my printer driver and the Photoshop 10.01 updates with no luck.

I’m using Photoshop with the .exe compatibility options set to run as ‘Administrator’. I unchecked the ‘run as Administrator’ and now the print option is back.

I originally had to use the ‘run as Administrator’ for some of my plug-ins to work. Now I’ll have to find out which ones do and don’t.

Hope this helps others out there…
CM
Carl_Milner
Dec 8, 2008
I too have just come across this problem with my PS CS3 Ex, my only workround at the moment is to save as a PDF and print from Acrobat.

Anybody found a solution?

Cheers Carl
J
jeromeschuh
Dec 22, 2008
I just started a new document and am experiencing the same problem Mac running OS 10.5.6. I can have multiple windows open and some will print and others have Print grayed out. Was this ever resolved?
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 22, 2008
This is the Windows forum, try the other side.

(Link at the top of the page.)
WL
William_Littler
Dec 23, 2008
I had the same problem while trying to get my copy of CS4 to run with all features present. Adobe recommnended upgrading the video diver to the latest. When I did this I got grayed out print box in both CS4 and my older CS3, all other application would still print. I reinstalled the older video card driver and got my printer dialog box back. Seems unrelated but that is what happened in my case of greying out print, incidentally I could not find a single reference anywhere in Adobes help to explain this.
BR
Barry_Rumack
Dec 24, 2008
If Adobe is in the middle of an update and requires a restart to complete the update the print buttons will grey out until the restart is completed. May need to update again if incomplete and then reboot. This may be a different problem than above.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections