Change 32-bit Preview Options back to default?

P
Posted By
phillr
May 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using Merge to HDR to make 32-bit images the past few days. It all went beautifully until yesterday when all of a sudden Photoshop started to display any newly created images very oddily (extreme gamma/exposure values). I’ve been able to pinpoint it to the View -> 32-bit Preview Options window, which has very erratic values.

So somehow Photoshop defaulted to very incorrect values for this window. Is there any way to change the default values or reset this menu option?

I don’t really want to trash preferences as I may lose other important customizations that I made 🙁

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
May 14, 2008
What other "Important" customizations would you lose?

So long as you make sure not to ditch custom brush sets, shapes, styles, and other presets, resetting prefs is no big deal. It’s always a good idea to have all of your custom stuff backed up somewhere anyway, so you reload them at will should a serious hard drive disaster occur.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections