T
Posted By
trigga
May 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a keyboard shortcut to insert an em space into Photoshop? I’m tired of copy pasting from Indesign.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
May 8, 2008
Alt + 0150 for –
Alt + 0151 For —
DM
dave_milbut
May 8, 2008
look in start> programs> accessories> system tools> character map for lists of all special characters by font on your system.
DM
Don_McCahill
May 8, 2008
Note to John. Those are dashes, he is looking for spaces.

Also, character map does not normally show em or en spaces.

The answer pretty much is, No, Photoshop does not support special spaces. Your cut and paste technique is probably the best work around.
JJ
John Joslin
May 8, 2008
Those are dashes, he is looking for spaces.

Oooops! Too quick on the draw.

If you have a clipboard manager you can keep them as boilerplate.
T
trigga
May 8, 2008
Thanks. Too bad.

There are unicode characters for spaces if one does a search on the web. But these don’t seem to work too well. U+2003 is supposed to be em space. Its all rather confusing because typing that results in all sorts of results depending on the font. I understand that not all fonts support the same unicode characters. …but even "Arial Unicode" doesn’t give the expected result.

I’m wondering what exactly is stored in the clipboard between Indesign and Photoshop. …anyhow, its not that serious.
JJ
John Joslin
May 8, 2008
In fact, considering that the text facility in PS does not profess to be a comprehensive typesetting tool, I think you can do a helluva lot with it.
T
trigga
May 13, 2008
Yup, you definitely can – hence people like me ask questions like this.
JM
J_Maloney
May 13, 2008
Command-shift-dash.

Oh wait…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections