CY
Posted By
curt_young
May 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an older Graphire model Wacom tablet. With PS7 I had option to get a "magnified" pen movement mode where moving the pen across the full tablet moved the cursor on the screen only a small distance. Was great for detail work. Now that I have upgraded to Vista and downloaded the new driver I can not seem to find that option. Am I not looking at right spot in Wacom setup, or is it not available with this combination?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
rhawkins
May 4, 2008
Have you checked the manual to see where that option was located in the control panel?
CY
curt_young
May 5, 2008
I did, but don’t remember what option was called, and did not see anything that looked familiar. Thought perhaps another user could show me the way.
J
johntolliday
May 5, 2008
G’day Curt

Would it be in Tablet Properties under Mapping, Screen area portion, Tablet area Full?

regards

John
CY
curt_young
May 5, 2008
I have played with those and by selecting portion for tablet and screen. I can get a smaller area where the pen movement over entire tablet only moves a small area on screen. However, the pen will only work in that small area. If I put cursor in a different area of screen when I use the pen it jumps to the selected portion of the screen. In PS7 one could roll the mouse to the desired edit spot and then use the pen to do detailed work. Perhaps the new and improved driver for Vista does not work the same was as the old XP driver.
J
johntolliday
May 5, 2008
Have you tried portion for screen and FULL for tablet?
CY
curt_young
May 6, 2008
Yes, if I set full tablet and lower left 1/4 of screen it works well in that zone, but if I move cursor to upper part of screen and then use the pen the cursor jumps to the lower left part of screen. Guess I could use it that way, but would have to change the active area to correspond to the area I want to edit.

Do you have a wacom tablet that works differently?
J
johntolliday
May 6, 2008
I can set a smaller on screen area that takes the full stroke of the tablet to move across, but it is problematic and erratic in use in the way you describe. Only solution I use is to set tablet to normal but zoom in on the image for fine work.

regards

John
JJ
John Joslin
May 6, 2008
Same here.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 6, 2008
Curt,

If you had to move the cursor with the mouse in order to be able to use the pen on a specific spot, you must have been in "Mouse Mode" in stead of "Pen Mode".

In Pen mode the cursor position vs. pen position is absolute, In Mouse mode relative.

Rob
CY
curt_young
May 6, 2008
No, it is in pen mode.

Thanks all for the comments.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections