Installed Spyder3Pro, Calibrated, but what of Adobe Gamma?

C
Posted By
Celcius
Apr 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all!
Spyder3Pro tells me that no other calibration software shopuld be used. I uninstalled the one that came with my Samsung monitor, but Adobe Gamma is still in my Control Panel. Funny thing, the Monitor Profile in Adobe Gamma bears the same name as the one I used to save the SpyderPro profile. 1- Can or should I get rid of the Adobe Gamma? I don’t see any way to uninstall it.
2- I was told by the salesperson that when I print with Photoshop CS2, I should disregard the "Let Photoshop determine colors" and change it to "no color management". I printed both ways and seem to get the same good result. Is it because Adobe Gamma is still there?
Please advise. I’m perplexed.
Thanks
Marcel

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Boskey
Apr 27, 2008
"Celcius" wrote in message
Hi all!
1- Can or should I get rid of the Adobe Gamma? I don’t see any way to uninstall it.
You should be able to uninstall Adobe Gamma, but if not, simply delete the Gamma entries from the Startup directory. This will keep Gamma from loading.
C
Celcius
Apr 27, 2008
"Boskey" wrote in message
Hi all!
1- Can or should I get rid of the Adobe Gamma? I don’t see any way to uninstall it.
You should be able to uninstall Adobe Gamma, but if not, simply delete the Gamma entries from the Startup directory. This will keep Gamma from loading.
Thanks,
I did just that. I was wondering whether it had to be in the startup directory in order to load or perhaps, the very fact it was in the Controp Panel would load it.
However, Adobe Gamma is nowhere in the Add and Remove program. Marcel
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 27, 2008
Hi all!
Thanks,
I did just that. I was wondering whether it had to be in the startup directory in order to load or perhaps, the very fact it was in the Controp Panel would load it.
However, Adobe Gamma is nowhere in the Add and Remove program.
Marcel
See
http://shop.colourconfidence.com/pdf/LearningCentre/How_to_R emove_Adobe_Gamma_gb.pdf

Also, go to Start>Run and type msconfig in the dialogue box. Go to the Startup tab and see if AdobeGamma is listed with a tick mark nest to it.
If there is, untick it.

TWK
C
Celcius
Apr 27, 2008
"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote in message
Hi all!
Thanks,
Marcel
See
http://shop.colourconfidence.com/pdf/LearningCentre/How_to_R emove_Adobe_Gamma_gb.pdf
Also, go to Start>Run and type msconfig in the dialogue box. Go to the Startup tab and see if AdobeGamma is listed with a tick mark nest to it.
If there is, untick it.

TWK
Toobi,
I did that. Nowhere to be seen.
I guess it doesn’t load, then.
By the way, Spyder3Pro is a great thing. Easy to use.
Thanks,
Marcel
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 27, 2008
"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote in message
Hi all!
Thanks,
Marcel
See
If there is, untick it.

TWK
Toobi,
I did that. Nowhere to be seen.
I guess it doesn’t load, then.
By the way, Spyder3Pro is a great thing. Easy to use.
Thanks,
Marcel
Glad to help.

TWK

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections