Richard_Valenzuela
Apr 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using a PC with Vista.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 26, 2008
you don’t say what version of photoshop. it’s not included with cs3 anymore.
C
Celcius
Apr 26, 2008
wrote in message

That’s interesting, Dave.
What if my monitor is already calibrated and I install CS3? (not an upgrade, but a new version).
Marcel
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 26, 2008
"Celcius" wrote in message
wrote in message

What if my monitor is already calibrated and I install CS3? (not an upgrade, but a new version).

Marcel
He can’t see your posts Marcel, he’s posting in the Adobeforum not this NG. Monitor calibration needs to be done on a regular (I check mine monthly) basis as the profile will change over time as the monitor ages. If you are using an LCD display then AdobeGamma will not be much use anyway. I used to use the AdobeGamma that installed with CS2 with CS3 until I bought a Spyder3 Pro calibrator.

TWK
C
Celcius
Apr 26, 2008
"Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote in message
wrote in message

Marcel
He can’t see your posts Marcel, he’s posting in the Adobeforum not this NG.
Monitor calibration needs to be done on a regular (I check mine monthly) basis as the profile will change over time as the monitor ages. If you are using an LCD display then AdobeGamma will not be much use anyway.
I used to use the AdobeGamma that installed with CS2 with CS3 until I bought a Spyder3 Pro calibrator.

TWK

Thanks, Toobi!
I hadn’t seen the address πŸ˜‰
I’ll look into the Spyder.
Marcel
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 26, 2008
wrote in message

Marcel
Monitor calibration needs to be done on a regular (I check mine monthly) basis as the profile will change over time as the monitor ages. If you are using an LCD display then AdobeGamma will not be much use anyway.
I used to use the AdobeGamma that installed with CS2 with CS3 until I bought a Spyder3 Pro calibrator.

TWK

Thanks, Toobi!
Marcel
You’re very welcome.
TWK
C
Celcius
Apr 26, 2008
wrote in message

Marcel

TWK

Thanks, Toobi!
Marcel
You’re very welcome.
TWK
Mind you Toobi,
You might want to give me some advice after reading what I sent to my camera shop:
"I want to buy a calibration device. My choice would be between the Spyder2express and the Spyder3Pro, unless you have still a better choice. My problem: I’m colour blind. It’s difficult for me to calibrate my monitor. So far, using my Samsung software and Adobe Gamma, I’ve succeeded in getting the job done (my printouts are very satisfactory after "photoshopping" them, in the sense that what I see is what I get, more or less). The Spyder 2 Express seems to be less complicated than the Pro 3. Am I right in saying this? Would I get as good results using either, given my colour blindness?" Toobi, the thing that worries me is that the Spyder3Pro has 16 calibration choices. Am I apt to rise to the task?
Thanks
Marcel
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Apr 26, 2008
wrote in message

Marcel
Monitor calibration needs to be done on a regular (I check mine monthly) basis as the profile will change over time as the monitor ages.
If you are using an LCD display then AdobeGamma will not be much use anyway.

TWK

Thanks, Toobi!
Marcel
You’re very welcome.
TWK
Mind you Toobi,
You might want to give me some advice after reading what I sent to my camera shop:
"I want to buy a calibration device. My choice would be between the Spyder2express and the Spyder3Pro, unless you have still a better choice. My problem: I’m colour blind. It’s difficult for me to calibrate my monitor. So far, using my Samsung software and Adobe Gamma, I’ve succeeded in getting the job done (my printouts are very satisfactory after "photoshopping" them, in the sense that what I see is what I get, more or less). The Spyder 2 Express seems to be less complicated than the Pro 3. Am I right in saying this? Would I get as good results using either, given my colour blindness?"
Toobi, the thing that worries me is that the Spyder3Pro has 16 calibration choices. Am I apt to rise to the task?
Thanks
Marcel

Marcel

My Spyder 3 pro does not need any user intervention when calibrating. Can’t speak for the Spyder 2.
I just stick it on the screen when asked to and it makes all the corrections itself.
The only thing I need to do is either save the new calibration to the same profile or as another profile.
As you will not be asked for input with this device, I cannot see your colour blindness being an issue.
It works on how the monitor displays a variety of R, G and B plus grey squares at various intensities, generated by the calibration software and "seen" by the calibration device (Spyder).
See http://shop.colourconfidence.com/product.php?xProd=1949& xSec=10210

HTH
TWK
C
Celcius
Apr 26, 2008
wrote in message

Marcel
Monitor calibration needs to be done on a regular (I check mine monthly) basis as the profile will change over time as the monitor ages.
If you are using an LCD display then AdobeGamma will not be much use anyway.

TWK

Thanks, Toobi!
Marcel
You’re very welcome.
TWK
Mind you Toobi,
"I want to buy a calibration device. My choice would be between the Spyder2express and the Spyder3Pro, unless you have still a better choice. My problem: I’m colour blind. It’s difficult for me to calibrate my monitor. So far, using my Samsung software and Adobe Gamma, I’ve succeeded in getting the job done (my printouts are very satisfactory after "photoshopping" them, in the sense that what I see is what I get, more or less). The Spyder 2 Express seems to be less complicated than the Pro 3. Am I right in saying this? Would I get as good results using either, given my colour blindness?"
Toobi, the thing that worries me is that the Spyder3Pro has 16 calibration choices. Am I apt to rise to the task?
Thanks
Marcel

Marcel

My Spyder 3 pro does not need any user intervention when calibrating. Can’t speak for the Spyder 2.
I just stick it on the screen when asked to and it makes all the corrections itself.
The only thing I need to do is either save the new calibration to the same profile or as another profile.
As you will not be asked for input with this device, I cannot see your colour blindness being an issue.
It works on how the monitor displays a variety of R, G and B plus grey squares at various intensities, generated by the calibration software and "seen" by the calibration device (Spyder).
See http://shop.colourconfidence.com/product.php?xProd=1949& xSec=10210
HTH
TWK

Thanks a lot Toobi.
I’m going over to Henry’s to get one ($199 CAD)
Marcel

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections