Posted By
Fancy
Apr 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello!
In CS2&CS3 when expanding current selection the final one has rounded corners – with more pixels the expansion is, the more rounded effect is visible. Could you please tell me how to correct this?
Thank you in advance.
BR / Ilya.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
J_Maloney
Apr 25, 2008
Expand 1 pixel at a time. You can action a 1, five and ten batch.

J
D
DGWaters
Apr 25, 2008
how to correct this

If you think about it, there’s nothing to "correct". If each pixel is encircled with a certain radius – put them all together…
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Apr 26, 2008
Enter QuickMask mode. Run the Maximum or Minimum filter, depending on how you have QuickMask set up, and whether you wish to expand or contract the selection.

Then return to Standard Mode.
P
Phosphor
Apr 26, 2008
Or just use Transform Selection.

I could swear I posted this earlier.
JM
J_Maloney
Apr 26, 2008
Ed:

Any compound shape will not expand properly using transform selection, unless I misunderstand you. Neither will any shape with (more than 1??) concave angles… Obviously with a rectangle we could probably all come up with three or four simple ways to expand without truncating the corners.

J
P
Phosphor
Apr 26, 2008
"I could swear I posted this earlier."

I’ll bet, Ed, that,—like me—you’ve been posting the same thing, sporadically, for ten years or more.

🙂
P
Phosphor
Apr 26, 2008
J,

Okay, after extensive testing I have found that Transform Selection does not truncate corners even over very large expansions, but it introduces anti-aliasing. A shot of Unsharp Mask fixes this.

Your one pixel at a time method does seem superior though.
P
Phosphor
Apr 26, 2008
Sorry. I meant run Unsharp Mask on whatever fill or mask you make from the Transformed selection.

It’s early.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections