RG
Posted By
Rhonda_Gray
Apr 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am producing a graduation edition with hundreds of senior photos. All the photos are cropped the same size, grayscaled and named alphabetically. I would like to produce a contact sheet because it puts the names underneath the photo but it also includes the file extension. Using this method is much faster than placing individual photos on the page and re-typing names. I am using PhotoShop CS3. Is there a way to make this work?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RS
Robert_Shomler
Apr 25, 2008
I’ve used Contact Sheet X (CSX) this way. Might work for you.

<http://ps-scripts.sourceforge.net/ContactSheetX/csx.html>
RG
Rhonda_Gray
Apr 25, 2008
I’ve downloaded the file and extracted it. I keep getting this error:

Checking installation package
Error: Bad installation package, folder not found:
/c/Program Files/Adobe CS3/resources/common/scripts/CSX-1_3/CSX-1_3/csx

CSX Installation completed status: *** failed ***
Stop
RS
Robert_Shomler
Apr 26, 2008
Unziping the CSX-1_3.zip file produces two first-level folders: csx and csx-1_3. In the csx folder look for a README.txt file that gives manual installation instructions. This might work for you instead of running the InstallCSX script. (I installed my csx last year and have forgotten if I used the script or manual installation.)

The manual install procedure also is in the CSX.pdf documentation file in the csx directory plus more info on files in the package.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections