RR
Posted By
Rudy_Radelic
Apr 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Due to a temporary downsizing, I have gone from using dual monitors to a single monitor. As a result, some of my dialog boxes (such as the Canvas Size) are located off the right, where the second monitor used to be, and I can’t access them.

Is there a command that will reset the positions of all the dialog boxes and toolboxes so they appear in my main monitor window again?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 24, 2008
resetting the preferences will do it, but first what version of photoshop are you running? cs3 seems to do a good job of if it opens off screen, hit esc and try again and it will be back on screen the second time.

if there are a lot of them off screen, it’ll probably be quicker to just back up your custom stuff like brushes and actions etc. and reset the preferences to do them all at once.
RR
Rudy_Radelic
Apr 24, 2008
Rats, I forgot–it’s Photoshop 7. I’ll try that reset. I’ve tried hitting ESC to reset the dialogs, but reopening it just opens it up where it was, off the screen.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 24, 2008
reset will definately work. 7 was supposed to reset them but iirc there was a bug that prevented it. save your stuff out and see the faq about resetting the preferences (crtl-alt-shift while starting the program).
RR
Rudy_Radelic
Apr 24, 2008
That worked–now I just have to finish setting up PS the way I had it earlier. Thanks!
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 25, 2008
you’re welcome rudy. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections