F
Posted By
FREDMACDOWELL
Apr 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I choose the hand tool and in options Scroll ALL. I’m supposed to click and drag to see the other open files (photos). What am I overlooking?
PSCS2 Wxp

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CY
curt_young
Apr 22, 2008
With the hand it scrolls the image in the window. You have to have it enlarged to see the effect. Can also hold down space bar and right click to do same thing with any tool selected.
F
FREDMACDOWELL
Apr 23, 2008
Yes Curt, That is correct, but this is an additional feature of the hand tool. When it is selected, in the options bar at the top of the window, there is a box to check which says "scroll all". Help says that if one checks that box and drags in one of several open photos it should scroll through all the open files. I made it work one time but can not do it now. There is obviously something I am missing. The help files don’t go any deeper than that as I looked in as many places as I could. Thanks for you help. Maybe you could try yourself.
P
PECourtejoie
Apr 23, 2008
Are the other images scrollable, or do you see their edges? Without the checkmark, ass shift when you drag to have the same effect.
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 23, 2008
ass shift when you drag to have the same effect.

I do that when my bottom itches. πŸ™‚

I suspect you meant alt shift.
CY
curt_young
Apr 23, 2008
Fredmacdowell..Follow the first post. With "Scroll all Windows" checked here is the only difference. If you have 2 (or more) images open in the window, and they are both enlarged, when you scroll one image the other images also scrolls the same amount and direction.

Don’t think you can click and drag to see other photos with hand, unless I am missing something also.
F
FREDMACDOWELL
Apr 23, 2008
Dear Curt et al,
Here is the quote from PS CS2 Help

"To view images in multiple windows
The document window is where your images appear. You can open multiple windows to display different images or different views of the same one. A list of open windows appears in the Window menu. To bring an open image to the front, choose the file name from the bottom of the Window menu. Available memory may limit the number of windows per image.
(ImageReady) The document window lets you switch easily between original and optimized views of an image using tabs, and to view the original image and multiple versions of an optimized image simultaneously.
Do one of the following:
Choose Window > Arrange > New Window For [Image File Name]. (ImageReady) Drag any tab away from the document window. If you want to arrange the windows, choose Window > Arrange and then choose one of the following:
Cascade Displays windows stacked and cascading from the upper left to the lower right of the screen.
Tile Horizontally or Tile Vertically Displays windows edge to edge. As you close images, the open windows are resized to fill the available space.
(Windows) Arrange Icons Aligns minimized image windows along the bottom of the screen.

* ****** (Photoshop) You can use the Hand toolΒ’s Scroll All Windows option to scroll through all open images. Select it in the options bar and drag in one image to scroll through all visible images."
CY
curt_young
Apr 23, 2008
Fredmacdowell .. I read the term "scroll through all open images" as doing what I said in my last post. Scroll means you can move around in the open image(s) to view different parts of it when it is enlarged larger than the frame. I don’t read it to mean scroll from image to image. To do that you have to follow the instructions in the first part of the help file you posted. The scroll all windows box just links the scroll to all the open images rather that just the one image you are working on.
WN
Wesley_Norman
Apr 23, 2008
Fred, what you are describing does work. If I open 5 images, then go to window / arrange / vertical, I will see all of the images in their windows. If you have the hand selected and check the scroll all windows, then move the image in one window, it will move the image in the other window.
F
FREDMACDOWELL
Apr 24, 2008
Dear All,
Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding of the Scroll All. Sincerely,
Fred Out

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections