D
Posted By
drPHk
Apr 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to use the patch tool to fix some carpet I have. The carpet is half black and half white, but its split up into sections. I’m trying to cover the black part with the patch of the white carpet. When I do that, all it does is make a blurry version of the black carpet with a little bit of white in it.

How could I make this white instead of a blurry blackish/white version?

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TG
Tom Glowka
Apr 14, 2008
Have you tried Image/Adjustments/Replace Color, select the black, and lighten it?
CY
curt_young
Apr 14, 2008
In some cases the old fashioned clone tool works better than patch tool.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 15, 2008
Use the clone tool instead – the patch tool cleverly tries to camouflage what it is doing, leaving you with just that blurry smear 🙂
S
strgzr
May 15, 2008
wrote in
news::

Use the clone tool instead – the patch tool cleverly tries to camouflage what it is doing, leaving you with just that blurry smear 🙂
use the lasso tool and select a white section of the rug copy and paste it to the area you want white

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections