X
Posted By
xretorikx
Mar 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My D drive wont read mt Cs2 disc. It says there is no disc in the drive, but ive tried it on other comps and it works. I tried burning the disc and that didnt work and i have no ext hard drive. anything suggestions?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Mar 16, 2008
Is your D drive a DVD drive? I believe CS2 comes on DVD, not CD, but it’s possible I’m mistaken. Unfortunately, my copy of CS2 was downloaded from Adobe, so I can’t test this.
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 16, 2008
CS3 was the first release on DVD.

Bob
J
Jim
Mar 16, 2008
<Bob Levine> wrote in message
CS3 was the first release on DVD.

Bob
Thus, unless the OP has a CD/DVD drive, he will not be able to install CS3. CD/DVD drives are not anywhere nearly as expensive as they once were.

Jim
B
Boskey
Mar 16, 2008
wrote in message
My D drive wont read mt Cs2 disc. It says there is no disc in the drive, but ive tried it on other comps and it works. I tried burning the disc and that didnt work and i have no ext hard drive. anything suggestions?

Is this the only CD you have tried to read in the drive? Sounds like laser deterioration of the drive since the disc works in onther systems. You can pick up a DVD-RW drive reasonably and it will be backwards compatable for CD’s.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Mar 16, 2008
Can you see the contents of the disc in Windows Explorer? If so, copy the entire disc’s contents to a folder on your C drive or desktop and install from there. If you can’t see the contents of the disc in Explorer, it’s probably defective.
X
xretorikx
Mar 16, 2008
already burnt the cd and tried to put that in my laptop anmd nothing it shows the d drive as nothin being there…weird
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Mar 17, 2008
Assuming the cd you burned was intended as a backup of your original Adobe CS2 disc, perhaps you didn’t finalize it when you burned it. Use the original disc instead. If you don’t have an original disc, you might consider that this forum is sponsored by Adobe.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Mar 17, 2008
Does your drive read *any* disc?

Rob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections