AB
Posted By
Adam Bedore
Feb 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I have a number of layers in a folder and want to say…blur them all….can I apply the blur to the folder? And if so how.
Thanks a ton for any information

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RP
Raven_Plenty
Feb 20, 2008
You can’t apply a filter to a folder. You can convert your folder or multiple layers into a smart object and then apply filters.
AB
Adam Bedore
Feb 20, 2008
Hummm….that would collapse the folder….to bad you cant just add a filter to the whole folder….

Thanks for the information.
RP
Raven_Plenty
Feb 20, 2008
I’m hoping they add the ability to apply Smart Filters to regular pixel layers and groups in CS4, not just to Smart Objects. I half suspect they could have done it in CS3, but then what would the big wow feature be in CS4?
AB
Adam Bedore
Feb 20, 2008
But of course 🙂 I hope they add it too.
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Feb 21, 2008
Hummm….that would collapse the folder….to bad you cant just add a filter to the whole folder….

By "collapsed" are you concerned that the folder is flattened? Because it isn’t. You can double-click the Smart Object to open it so you can work with all of the individual layers at any time.
BD
Brett_Dalton
Feb 22, 2008
or you could apply an adjustment layer with a mask in some cases.

BRETT

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections