PK
Posted By
Peter_K_Shupe
Feb 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am getting this error on every image that I try to save back to the server. We have just installed a new server, which, I believe is running Server 2003 64 bit. We have a large drive, 1.7 TB and it has about 1.5 TB free. This happens with every file I open and modify and then try to save back to where it was opened from. Currently I save to my desktop and then cut and paste to the server, which is very annoying. Please advise.

Regards Peter.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
Feb 1, 2008
Known issue with PS 7 and disks larger than one TB. Either partition it, fill it with junk until the free space is under one TB or upgrade…this is your last chance to do so since the new upgrade policy for three versions back only.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 1, 2008
known error with version 7 and disks > 1TB. time to upgrade.

(or fill the drive with garbage until it’s less than 1tb full).

did you know that ps7 is now the lowest version eligible for upgrade pricing? with cs3 (or maybe with the addition of macromedia), adobe instituted a no greater than 3 versions back upgrade policy. so to stay in the lower priced upgrade path, you need to upgrade before cs4 comes out anyway.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 1, 2008
(echo echo echo! 🙂 )
BL
Bob Levine
Feb 1, 2008
I got in a minute earlier…must be the blazing speed of my Vista fueled computer. <g>

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 1, 2008
<Col. Klink>HOOOOGAAAAN!</Col. Klink>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections