BE
Posted By
Brian_Egen
Feb 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have tried all three, but primarily midtones. I still am only "dodging" a small dot in the center of the icon regardless of size.

Thanks,
Brian

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John_Joslin
Feb 1, 2008
Have you got a Wacom tablet?
AD
Andrei_Doubrovski
Feb 2, 2008
Brian,
Are you using "Full Size" or "Normal" cursors?
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Feb 2, 2008
Are you using "Full Size" or "Normal" cursors?

You’re missing his point. He’s not complaining about the cursor not showing the full brush size; he’s complaining about the dodge tool only having a dodge effect at a central hot spot, regardless of the size or hardness of the brush.

Have you got a Wacom tablet?

He’s not claiming that his mouse isn’t working with brush tools such as Dodge, so the "pen near the tablet" isn’t the problem; it’s unique to the dodge tool. There does seem to be something "dodgy" about the dodge tool. I haven’t encountered his particular hot-spot problem, but for me the dodge tool doesn’t resize with the [ and ] keys like the burn tool and all other brush tools. So there may be a coding bug unique to the dodge tool that affects different users in different ways.
JJ
John_Joslin
Feb 2, 2008
the "pen near the tablet" isn’t the problem

I wasn’t thinking that, but using a stylus can affect the pressure sensitivity and hence the coverage of the tool.

I also notice that a soft brush gives an attenuated area, whereas a hard brush works over the whole brush footprint.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections