Selecting images while an action is running.

AM
Posted By
Alain M
Jan 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I’m trying to create an automated layout template in photoshop CS3 so that it grabs 3 images and creates a book layout. Assuming I have the 3 images open and the pre-built layout, how can I pause the action, select the image that I want to be placed on the top left for example, and then let the action continue. I don’t want to stop action and having to hit play again, but rather pause to select the right document active, and go from there. How can this be done?

Thanks in advance

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AD
Andrei_Doubrovski
Jan 3, 2008
Hello,
– In your action, select the step preceding the switching – From the palette flyout menu, choose "Insert Stop"

SimplePhotoshop.com <http://simplephotoshop.com/>
AM
Alain M
Jan 3, 2008
Yes that’s the way I have it right now, but I have to go back and hit play every time. I’m looking for an option that can let me ctrl-tab to the right document and hit continue or something. If I check the box that says allow continue on the stop menu, it doesn’t let me do anything while that pop up is active. Any suggestions?
AD
Andrei_Doubrovski
Jan 3, 2008
Try some other algorithm. Is it necessary to open all the 3 images manually? Can’t the action do this?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections