T
Posted By
Tone
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know how i can have more precise movement of objects that are on there own layers?

When moving small images you can only move an objects a certain amount and that sometimes is to much, i think that it snaps to grid which i do not want it to do.

Does anyone know what i am on about and know a solution to stop this?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
JJS
May 4, 2004
"Pauline" wrote in message
Does anyone know how i can have more precise movement of objects that are
on
there own layers?

When moving small images you can only move an objects a certain amount and that sometimes is to much, i think that it snaps to grid which i do not
want
it to do.

Under the View menu, turn off ‘Snap’ or ‘Snap to Grid’,
and you can move things a pixel at a time using the arrow keys.
MR
Mike Russell
May 4, 2004
jjs wrote:
Does anyone know how i can have more precise movement of objects that are on there own layers?

When moving small images you can only move an objects a certain amount and that sometimes is to much, i think that it snaps to grid which i do not want it to do.

Under the View menu, turn off ‘Snap’ or ‘Snap to Grid’,
and you can move things a pixel at a time using the arrow keys.

Also, using the mouse, certain drag operations are "sticky". There is a minimum displacement of 3 pixels before movement is initiated.

I find this "feature" bothersome, for example when doing a crop operation. It came from the Macintosh user specification, and has been carried over to Windows. The intent behind this was to make objects such as icons selectable without the risk of moving them.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
B
bhilton665
May 4, 2004

Type v to get the move tool, use shift-arrow key to move 10 pixels and just the arrow keys to move one pixel.
FC
Fred Coote
May 4, 2004
In PS7 you also can go to Filters>Other>Offset where you can enter values.

Thanks in advance

W
wnor
May 4, 2004
"Pauline" …

Thanks in advance

Pauline, go to View and turn Snap off. If it is on there will be a check mark there. You should be able to move a layer object 1 pixel at a time with the arrow keys on the keyboard or 10 pixels with Shift and the arrow keys.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections