SC
Posted By
Steve Chesney
Oct 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop Elements 5 with an Epson 4870 Photo Scanner for color slides on Windows XP (all drivers and OS patches current). I’m quite happy with the results except for one thing- the generated file names.

I’m not sure if it is the scanner driver or Elements, but the file names always start with "Image" and are numbered from 1 to whatever. I would rather the numbers start at 001 since when Elements displays the results, files "Image2", "Image3" are out of sequence. This makes "group select"
tagging much harder.

The Epson driver only allows me to specify file prefix and start number when run independently from Elements. I guess I will have to do that (starting all slides at "100" to make sure they stay in sequence when viewed in elements). But if there is a way to force that in Elements it would be more convenient. I can’t seem to find it.

————————
Steve Chesney

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

HM
hso_max
Nov 3, 2008
Steve Chesney schrieb:
I use Photoshop Elements 5 with an Epson 4870 Photo Scanner for color slides on Windows XP (all drivers and OS patches current). I’m quite happy with the results except for one thing- the generated file names.
I’m not sure if it is the scanner driver or Elements, but the file names always start with "Image" and are numbered from 1 to whatever. I would rather the numbers start at 001 since when Elements displays the results, files "Image2", "Image3" are out of sequence. This makes "group select"
tagging much harder.

The Epson driver only allows me to specify file prefix and start number when run independently from Elements. I guess I will have to do that (starting all slides at "100" to make sure they stay in sequence when viewed in elements). But if there is a way to force that in Elements it would be more convenient. I can’t seem to find it.
This could probabely help:
http://www.1-4a.com/rename/

regards walter

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections