Posted By
oldman
Jun 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got 4.0.
I’ve seen some HDR photos and am very interested in trying it out. Is it possible to merge the photos in Elements 6.0?
I can’t afford the full program.

Thanks,
Oldman

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
Charley
Jun 19, 2008
"oldman" wrote in message
I’ve got 4.0.
I’ve seen some HDR photos and am very interested in trying it out. Is it possible to merge the photos in Elements 6.0?

Thanks,
Oldman

You should be able to merge photos in the version that you have. Learn about "Layers" and making "Selections". Making a "selection" is what is necessary
to designate the part of a photo that you want to work on. A "layer" is the electronic equivalent of a piece of clear plastic that you can put on top of your photo so you can place and position another photo, piece of a photo, or some adjustments that change the appearance of the image. You can make alterations to the image on each layer separately without affecting the underlying photo. You can create many layers. What you see and print is the view looking down through all of the layers to the original photo. You can save this layered image for further adjustments and modifications and then flatten all the layers down into a single layered photo to reduce it’s size (bytes) and save it as a permanent image for e-mail, publishing,etc. It’s a good idea to keep a copy of the fully layered version in case you ever want to go back and make more changes to it because once you flatten it you will no longer have the ability. My largest project so far involved 214 layers (I use Photoshop, but it’s possible with Elements).

Charley
N
noone
Jun 19, 2008
I’ve got 4.0.

Elements doesn’t have direct HDR support like the bigger version.

Check this page for techniques to less directly accomplish it, plus a cost plug-in that will add that ability, but I would ask them first if their plugin is compatible with your version of Elements.

http://luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/digital-blending.sht ml

Bruce.
O
oldman
Jun 19, 2008
Charley & Bruce,

Thanks for your answers!!
I’ll look into the advice you both gave.
Thanks,
Oldman
I’ve got 4.0.

Thanks,
Oldman
S
silverthreads
Jun 20, 2008
Have you considered HDRSoft from Photomatix, they have a standalone version for about a hundred bucks, much cheaper than CS3 + the plugin.

On Jun 18, 5:52 pm, "oldman" wrote:
I’ve got 4.0.

Thanks,
Oldman
R
Richard
Jun 20, 2008
On Jun 18, 3:52 pm, "oldman" wrote:
I’ve got 4.0.

Thanks,
Oldman

You can download and use HDRSoft from Photomatix for free which works stand alone or as a Photoshop Elements plugin. Also works as a CS3 plugin. I recommend you use it as a stand alone as opening and manipulating multiple images is highly memory intensive and the less you have running at the same time the better. The trial is the full version of the software, with the exception that a faint logo appears across the final HDR images. When you purchase the Key ($100 or less of you use the $15 discount coupon readily available on line) the logo will not appear on the final images.
I am impressed with the program and recommend it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections