DG
Posted By
Dale_Gearhart
Dec 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am sure this a totally novice question for a photoshop expert but I still am going to ask it. What technique is best for removing black power lines from a blue sky in a image. I know you can do a clone stamp procedure and manually drag along the power line but that takes some time if you have alot lines to remove. Is there a way to select the whole power line and then replace it with an off-setted part of the image that is close by? Many Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John_Joslin
Dec 21, 2007
You could make a path along each line and stroke it with the colour of the adjacent sky but that’s no easier than running the clone tool along the line.

What’s the problem?
JD
Jason Drabek
Dec 21, 2007
How about posting a sample of what you have so we can see what you’re talking about?
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 21, 2007
"Jason Drabek (WCIS?)" wrote in message
How about posting a sample of what you have so we can see what you’re talking about?

Jason,

The OP cannot see your post, he’s in the Adobeforum.

TWK
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Dec 22, 2007
Make a path that runs along the power line. Alt-click with the Clone tool just off the line near its beginning, then press Enter to stroke with the Clone tool.
JJ
John_Joslin
Dec 22, 2007
Good one John – I’d forgotten that trick!
P
Peter
Dec 22, 2007
wrote in message
Make a path that runs along the power line. Alt-click with the Clone tool just off the line near its beginning, then press Enter to stroke with the Clone tool.

My hands are not that steady, so sometimes that technique left a slightly off color path, which I have removed by dragging the spot healing brush over the line.

Peter

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections